The Hills Are Alive Rughooking Class with Kit
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery
This class was originally intended to be an in-person kitchen tea party class in April 2020, but since that didn't happen it's become an online class and kit. (As it turns out, the September release is definitely more appropriate for the subject matter.)
The mini abstract landscape mat you will make celebrates the wonderful colour of an October day in the Maritimes. It's an abstract approach to design, embracing the joy of Fall colours and the freedom of playing with an intuitive and painterly approach. (There's no wrong way, eh? In fact, there's no right way either, so feel free to follow how I hook this project or go your own way and see what happens.)
Suitable for beginners. You can do this project on your own time, at your own speed. The videos and class Facebook group will remain active until at least October 1st 2021.
OPTION ONE: THE KIT WITH THE CLASS
- an 8x8" wooden frame stretched with burlap ready to hook and then to display with no further finishing required
- a 4x4" outline/pattern drawn on the burlap for you to work from
- a hook
- wool fabric strips and yarn
- a photo of my finished mat
- a colour guide
- access to a private page on my website with videos showing you how I hooked this piece in my intuitive style, including a how to hook video for beginners or those who need a refresher
- an invitation to join a private Facebook group where you can show your work or ask questions
There are a limited number of kits available.
The classroom will be accessible on September 15th and kits will start to be mailed out on the same date. Class videos will be available on or before September 18th.
A single kit costs $60 plus $12 shipping per address to Canada and the United States (Canadian funds.)
Note: This class is also available without the kit. Click here.
To purchase, simply click on the add to cart button below. Payment is in Canadian dollars by credit card or PayPal account via PayPal. Following receipt of payment, a second PayPal invoice will be sent to you to cover shipping costs.
Your kit will be shipped to you via Canada Post. All buyers are responsible for any duty, brokerage or other fees charged at their end.
See shipping policies here. If you have any questions, send me an email at email@example.com.